Monday 25 July 2011

My Idea for the Rose Petal Pillow.

I have been looking for a while now for a top  for my laundry basket. When I saw the petal pillow I knew what I was going to make. The measurement accross the centre is 22 inches. I used iron on vilene on the back of the fabric so that it would not fray. I don't know how many circles I cut out but I started with a 4 inch, than 3 inch than 21/2 inch and so on. On the 3rd row I started to put a little pleat in the centre of the petal I was stitching to give it a bit of shape.  The petals got quite small as I got to the centre. I than glued a large blue glass stone for the centre.   On the outside of the base fabric I folded the edge under about 1\2 inch to make a casing and than threaded elastic, which fitted around under the basket top.  If you have any questions please contact me.  Here is the link to the Petal Pillow. I think it looks more like a Dahlia than a Rose.  Just click on the photo fo a larger view.
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2008/09/petal-pillow-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.