Thursday 1 November 2012

Poinsettia Basket !!!

This little basket was a challenge in our sewing group. We had to make the basket and decorate it.  I decided to make a 3D Poinsettia. This was another machine embroidery design I had bought and never used.  All the leaves were stitched out on water solouble stabilizer.  After all the leaves where washed and dry, I put it together as a free standing flower and stitched it onto the basket.  I was really happy the way the poinsettia turned out.
                                         The finished leaves before the flower was put together
.
                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                                

3 comments:

  1. oh Gayle this basket is stunning,well done on a gorgeous project.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shez....looks fantastic Gayle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. just gorgeous Gayle love the poinsetta

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I just love hearing from you.