Saturday, 19 August 2017

Baby Towels !!!!

 I loved this machine embroidery design as soon as I saw it.  I have been waiting patiently to hear if my first great grandchild will be a boy or a girl.  Finally found out that the baby is going to be a little boy so I now I can start making baby things.  The Ellie Elephant design  is from Stitch Delight and stitched out beautifully.

Monday, 14 August 2017

Tea Towel Embroidery

Just some Machine Embroidery on my new DreamMaker  Brother Machine. It is stitching beautifully and it even cuts the jump stitches. It certainly makes a difference not having to cut all those jump stitches.  Lots of designs, the camping one is from My Darling Designs, the other were from Urban Threads and Gina Grace Designs..

Sunday, 6 August 2017

Roses, Roses Everywhere......

Now I have the bigger hoop I have been practicing and decided to do the leg of a pair of my jeans.... I had to unpick the inside seam of the leg so that the fabric could be hooped.   The Rose  design is from Urban Threads.   I used the 7x12 hoop and the design took about 7 hours to stitch out.  It was done in three hoopings.  There is another Rose at the top that is not visible...  I can't wait to wear them out somewhere.

Saturday, 29 July 2017

Drink Coasters.......

I loved making these coasters, once I started I couldn't stop.  A very quick and easy design to make.  The design is from Kreative Kiwi and is made In the Hoop on my Embroidery Machine...   I am loving my new Brother  DreamMaker Machine.

Saturday, 22 July 2017

Wrist Pin Cushions.....

Once again when I see a design I want to, make it, I want to make everything.  Another easy project and just loved making them. Not sure how someone could put a pin in those beautiful ladies.  If I didn't have to do other things I would never leave my sewing room.   These gorgeous wrist pin cushions will probably be gifts for my sewing friends.....

Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Pot Holders.....

When I saw these pot holders I just had to get the pattern.    So cute the cat looking out the window.  Now I have the bigger hoops I can make all these sorts of things.  I really enjoyed making the pot holders,  It was another quick and easy project.  All done in the hoop with about 2 inches of hand stitching where the pot holder is turned to the right side.

Friday, 16 June 2017


I have had the pieces for these balls cut out for a very long time, I am going through and trying to catch up on all my U.F.O.S.     I think they turned out really well and as they are made all by hand ( I am not really into hand work), but it is something that I can do  while watching TV at night.

Saturday, 10 June 2017

Cute Little Bag

This is the first project that I made on my new Embroidery Machine.  I bought a brother Dreammaker VE2200.   Just to try out the machine I downloaded the design as it was a free design from the Janome site.  It was an 8x8 design but as my hoop could only take a 7 inch design, I had to make the design smaller which I did in the editing of the Embroidery Machine. I was quite happy with how the little bag turned out, as it has been said not to change the size of In the Hoop designs. I have since upgraded to the 8x12 hoop for this machine.  Now I can  do some of those large designs and having lots of fun.

Saturday, 3 June 2017

Something Special ....

I am having a little bit of fun, my sister's son and his wife have had a beautiful little girl called Sophie. After four boys she is a little ray of sunshine. So now I can make some pretty little pink things.  I bought the knitted bonnet and made the fsl flower  and the couple of other headbands. I am going to have lots of fun.....

Monday, 29 May 2017

Patchwork Project.......

 Every couple of months we do a project at the Banana Patchwork Club that I attend.  This doily was what we made last week.  It looks really complicated but if you follow the directions it is quite easy. Everyone was amazed at how unique the doilies looked, made from all the  different fabrics. I think this one will be for Christmas....

Friday, 19 May 2017

Chalk Painting.......

                         From This .......   To This
 A couple of weeks ago we were lucky enough to have a Workshop in Chalk Painting.  As we don't get this sort of thing visiting our small town very often,  I jumped at the chance to be included in The Chalk Painting Workshop.    The workshop was about 5 hrs and what I liked about it was there was no preparation, such as sanding or anything like that.  As you can see my piece was vanished and all that had to be done was to give it a good wipe over with a damp cloth.  I only used one colour and then sanded back bits where there would be natural  wear and tear.  After all this is done you rub a wax in and give it a good polish and what a difference the wax makes. I am sooo happy with my plant stand.   With the chalk paint you can use two or more colours and then you sand back to reveal the different colours underneath.  It was really a great day and was enjoyed by all who attended.  Opps the painted plant stand looks crooked but it was just the angle which the photo was taken.

Saturday, 6 May 2017

Sew-a-Long Bag..............

Last month I did a Sew-a-Long with Sweet Pea Designs.  There were 6 blocks embroidered on the Embroidery  Machine, and the rest of the bag was put together using a sewing machine. It was a quick and easy project and I really loved it, so I am keeping it for myself to take my sewing supplies to craft classes.  I usually give the things away that I make but now this one. Sweet Pea  Designs have  some wonderful embroidery designs with very clear instructions. It is also an Australian Company based in Brisbane.